Without saying a word about illegally downloading movies from the internet, many of us like to enjoy a good movie every now and then.
Myself, I tend to get quite busy. That's why if I make the time to watch a movie, I want to be sure that my time is spent wisely. Strange as it may seem, when I watch a movie, i'd like it to be a good movie.
So, I surf to one of the many movie reviews sites and check it out. Reviews are very likely to be found even for the newest of movies.
Here are my favourite sites:
1. RottenTomatoes.com
Rotten Tomatoes is extremely comprehensive and very easy to navigate, and it includes online reviews from authors that are certified members of various writing guilds or film critic associations. You can search for a movie by title, by actor, director, etc.
Notice the different parameters for each movie: There is the tomatometer, the certified fresh tag, the audience's opinion and the "top critics" tomatometer.
Also, I like it's design. Fun to surf in that.
2. RogerEbert.com
Roger Ebert is perhaps the most well known film critic in the world. Regardless of that, I usually find his reviews very accurate and very in tune with my own likings and opinions. I dig his taste, if you may.
Notice his site has the ordinary reviews and the "great movies" section.
3. Metacritic.com
Metacritic is a website that collates reviews of music albums, games, movies, TV shows and DVDs. In that sense, it is more generally "useful" than the above sites. It is somewhat similar to rotten tomatoes, but with less cool design and a different scoring method. Safest would be to check the movie both at rotten tomatoes AND here.
So, choose wisely and have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment