Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Online Dictionary: Wordreference.com

A while ago me and my friend were wondering what is the word
for "donkey" in French. Well, he casually mentioned that we can
check it out on wordreference.com.

Now this multi-language dictionary seems like that site that everybody
is supposed to already know about and use quite frequently. Well, I
didn't and I kept wondering how come I've never heard of it before.

Either way, wordreference.com offers an easy-to-use interface and
includes 15 different languages.

Naturally, the most popular dictionaries in the site are the Spanish,
French and Italian. Also, the more popular dictionaries often offer
an audio recording of the requested word, so you can get the
pronunciation correct.

So, that's my two cents for the day. If any of you know of a different
useful dictionary, perhaps with some ultra-exotic languages (anybody
knows how to say mayonnaise in New-Guinea tribal language?), I'd
sure like it if you post a link in a comment.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment